Stark & Stark’s Class Action team is comprised of seasoned class action litigators. Unlike many advertisements you may have come across on the internet or seen on television, we are not a marketing group. Stark & Stark is a national law firm of experienced trial lawyers, pursuing cases throughout the country. We have been in business for over 80 years and have over 100 attorneys in offices located throughout New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York.
If you, or someone you know, would like assistance with a class action claim, or would simply like more information about class actions, please contact us for a free consultation.
Types of Class Action Claims
Stark & Stark’s Class Action team prosecutes claims all over the nation, in numerous federal and state jurisdictions. Our team is dedicated to successfully litigating all types of class action cases, including, but not limited to:
- Personal Injury Claims (including: drug, medical device and toxic exposure)
- Employment Claims (including: wage and hour; civil rights/discrimination; ERISA and employee benefits)
- Fraud Claims (including: consumer fraud; insurance fraud; and false advertising)
- Antitrust Claims (including unfair competition; price fixing)
- Securities Fraud Claims (including: investment fraud; stock fraud)
- Privacy Claims (including: data breach; and violations of privacy protection statutes)
- Healthcare and Education Claims (including: civil rights/discrimination; and equal access)
If you, or someone you know, would like assistance with a class action claim, or would simply like more information about class actions, please contact us, confidentially and free of charge, and we will help assess any potential claims
How Do I Start a Class Action Lawsuit?
Class action lawsuits are basically a way for a group of plaintiffs to pool their resources and combine their claims, in order to fight against large, well-funded defendants. The essential ingredients of a class action include a group of individuals with similar claims, class representatives willing to pursue claims on behalf of the class, and a qualified New Jersey class action attorney to act as class counsel.
Stark & Stark’s Class Action team has represented numerous classes in New Jersey, as well as federal and state courts throughout the nation.
- We have proven time and again that we work tirelessly to identify and investigate class action claims.
- We have extensive experience in handling all types of class actions, mass actions and other complex litigation.
- We have an unparalleled depth of knowledge of the applicable law.
- Most importantly, we are prepared to dedicate the personnel, time, money and resources required to obtain the best possible results for the class.
Allow us to walk you through the procedure of investigating, filing, certifying and litigating class action claims. If you, or someone you know, would like assistance with a class action claim, or would simply like more information about class actions, please contact us for a free consultation.
Recent Stark & Stark Class Action Lawsuits
With years of experience and a proven track record of success, Stark & Stark continues to be a go-to firm for class action matters in New Jersey. Some of the more interesting New Jersey class action cases we are currently working on include:
- The Edna Mahan Correctional Facility for Women Class Action Lawsuit (Brown v. New Jersey Department of Correcti9ons, Docket No. HNT-L-076-19). Stark & Stark’s Class Action team recently settled a groundbreaking civil rights case in New Jersey Superior Court. Meaningful injunctive reforms have already been implemented and payments to thousands of class members are being processed.
- The American General Life Insurance Company class action (Buck v. American General Life Insurance Company, Case No. 1:17-cv-13278). Stark & Stark’s Class Action team represents thousands of life insurance policyholders throughout the nation, claiming a breach of their policies, in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- The Valsartan Tainted Drug class action (Valsartan Losartan and Irbesartan Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2875). Stark & Stark’s Class Action team is on the Plaintiffs Steering Committee for thousands of individuals and entities damaged by drugs containing cancer causing impurities. That Multidistrict Litigation, in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, just certified national classes for economic loss, medical monitoring, and third-party payers.
Class Action Lawyers In New Jersey & Pennsylvania
How Do Class Action Litigations and Settlements Work in New Jersey?
New Jersey Court Rule 4:32 sets forth the requirements for maintaining a class action in New Jersey state courts. In order to certify a class, class counsel has to demonstrate to the court that:
- The class is so numerous that joinder of all members is impracticable (Numerosity).
- There are questions of law or fact common to the class (Commonality).
- The claims or defenses of the class representatives are typical of the claims or defenses of the class (Typicality).
- The class representatives will fairly and adequately protect the interests of the class (Adequacy of Representation).
Depending on the type of class, class counsel will also have to show that that:
- Common questions of law or fact predominate (Predominance).
- A class action is the superior way to adjudicate the controversy (Superiority).
- Class counsel will also have to show that proper notice can be sent to the class.
This all sounds very complicated, but Stark & Stark’s Class Action team is ready to walk you through the process. If you, or someone you know, would like assistance with a potential class action claim, or would simply like more information about class actions, please contact us for a free consultation.
Stark and Stark practices in the state and federal courthouses throughout New Jersey, including:
- Atlantic County (Atlantic City)
- Bergen County (Hackensack)
- Burlington County (Mount Holly)
- Camden County (Camden)
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey (Camden)
- Cape May County (Middle Township)
- Cumberland County (Bridgeton)
- Essex County (Newark)
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey (Newark)
- Gloucester County (Woodbury)
- Hudson County (Jersey City)
- Hunterdon County (Flemington)
- Mercer County (Trenton)
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey (Trenton)
- Middlesex County (New Brunswick)
- Monmouth County (Freehold)
- Morris County (Morristown)
- Ocean County (Toms River)
- Passaic County (Paterson)
- Salem County (Salem)
- Somerset County (Somerville)
- Sussex County (Newton)
- Union County (Elizabeth)
- Warren County (Belvidere)