The Stark & Stark Workers’ Compensation practice group represents injured workers who have suffered a work-related injury or disease in New Jersey. These injuries include traumatic accidents, occupational diseases, and injuries caused by toxic substances or repetitive motion injuries.
Most employees in most states are covered by workers’ compensation insurance, which provides certain benefits in the event of an on-the-job accident or occupational disease. A New Jersey workers’ compensation lawyer with Stark & Stark can guide you through the process of applying for benefits or appealing a denied claim or consult with you if you’ve been approved for workers’ comp benefits but feel as if you haven’t received all of the benefits you deserve, or if you’ve been accused of workers’ compensation fraud.
New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Services
The Stark & Stark Personal Injury attorneys will fight to recover all the benefits you deserve. As a result of our experience in representing clients in workers’ compensation matters, and through careful assessment and preparation, our workman’s compensation lawyers in New Jersey help victims’ families obtain cash settlements for injury and medical expenses. Sometimes these positive outcomes are achieved only by going to trial. However, in many cases, our lawyers are able to obtain favorable settlements outside of the courtroom, making the experience less stressful for our clients.
New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Group
Our Workers’ Compensation Group comprises six work injury lawyers and a support staff of ten paralegals and secretaries who have the substantive knowledge and the experience to protect your rights under the Workers’ Compensation Laws of the State of New Jersey. The Workers’ Compensation Group has over fifty years of experience in protecting the rights of injured workers in areas including:
- Obtained a court order to force an insurance company to renovate the home of a catastrophically injured worker.
- Arranged treating physicians for a client who moved out of state.
- Arranged lifetime follow-up testing for a worker exposed to asbestos.
Temporary Disability Benefits
- Obtained temporary disability benefits for an injured worker denied light duty even though prescribed by a physician.
- Obtained disability benefits for part-time and full-time employment for a worker injured on a part-time job.
- Obtained temporary disability benefits for schoolteachers during the summer months.
Permanent Disability Benefits
- Obtained an award of permanent total disability benefits to a victim of sexual harassment.
- Obtained an award of permanent disability benefits due to a heart attack caused by stress at work.
- Obtained an award of permanent total disability benefits for injuries to hands from repetitive stress.
- Obtained benefits for a widow whose husband died of a heart attack while away on a business trip.
- Obtained benefits for a widower whose wife committed suicide after a work injury left her with uncontrollable pain.
- Obtained benefits for a widow whose husband died of a heart condition after exposure to Freon gas.
Social Security Disability
- Obtained a fully favorable decision of benefits for clinical depression.
- Obtained a fully favorable decision or injuries caused by traumatic brain injury.
- Obtained a fully favorable decision under the compassionate care allowances.
- Obtained a fully favorable decision for complex regional pain syndrome.
- Obtained an award of benefits for injuries caused by stress to the hands.
Public Employee Disability Pension Benefits
- Obtained accidental disability benefits for a corrections officer who suffered a psychiatric injury without any physical injury thus change the law in New Jersey.
- Obtained accidental disability benefits for an animal control officer who was viciously attacked by dogs.
- Obtained accidental disability benefits for a teacher suffering from a traumatic brain injury and had a prior history.
Injured Working in a Delivery Warehouse (such as an Amazon Fulfillment Facility)
Injuries in delivery center warehouses, like an Amazon fulfillment facility, are becoming more and more common as the world increasingly depends on speedy home deliveries. We find that warehouse workers are at an increased risk of injury due to the physically demanding nature of the job. From lifting heavy objects to occupational repetitive overuse injuries, the number of incidents is rising as our dependency on home delivery of items increases in our ever-changing “new normal.”
We have also seen that injuries are becoming more common as delivery center warehouses implement robots to increase warehouse efficiency. These warehouses need robotic systems to meet their order fulfillment process and make same-day delivery a reality. However, the resulting increase in injury rates suggests that automation could create a more dangerous environment for the workers, despite hopes that robots would take on the most dangerous tasks. This is not always so in reality.
If you have been injured while working at a delivery warehouse, call us today for a free case evaluation. We will be your advocate to ensure you receive all of the benefits you are entitled to under the workers’ compensation law, including medical care, weekly wage replacement, and a permanency settlement.
Injured Working as a Delivery Driver
More people than ever before are doing the majority of their shopping online. This means that delivery drivers are hauling more packages and sustaining injuries while being expected to work quickly and efficiently. Many delivery drivers are also contracted for major companies like Amazon and Fed-Ex. They are working long hours and sustaining injuries while working to keep up a frenzied pace.
If you have been injured while delivering packages, we are here to help you. Whether you are involved in a motor vehicle accident while working, injured while lifting a heavy box, or have any work-related accident, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. We will be your advocate to ensure you receive all of the benefits you are entitled to under the workers’ compensation law, including medical care, weekly wage replacement, and a permanency settlement.
Injured Workers, We Have Served
- Corrections Officers
- Healthcare and Institutional Workers
- Hospitality Workers
- Transportation Workers
- Warehouse and Delivery Persons
- Livery Workers
- Office workers
- Meat Workers
- Chemical Workers
- Iron Workers
- Phone Company Workers
- Bank employees
Clients turn to Stark & Stark when they need a New Jersey workers’ compensation lawyer. Since 1933, we have earned the trust of our clients over and over again by consistently providing them with sound legal advice and working tirelessly to protect their rights. Our philosophy of putting the law to work for our clients will continue to be the cornerstone for building and maintaining our client relationships.