Stefanie Colella-Walsh is a Shareholder and member of Stark & Stark’s Litigation, Insurance Coverage & Liability, Intellectual Property and Mass Torts Groups where she concentrates her practice in complex litigation with a focus in mass tort and pharmaceutical litigation. She is currently involved in representing numerous plaintiffs in federal and state environmental and pharmaceutical mass tort cases, as well as state and federal class action litigations based upon commercial, employment, civil rights, investments/securities and consumer fraud claims. Ms. Colella-Walsh frequently writes about timely legal and legislative developments impacting plaintiffs in mass tort and product liability actions for Stark & Stark’s Mass Tort Law Blog.
Recently, Ms. Colella-Walsh was a member of the national trial team involved the first trial in the country of a TVT-Secur transvaginal mesh device case against Ethicon/Johnson and Johnson. The Plaintiff, a Stark & Stark client, was awarded a $20 million jury verdict.* She was also Co-Chair of the 2019 New Jersey Association for Justice Meadowlands Seminar Mass Tort Program.
Ms. Colella-Walsh has been appointed to leadership positions in national litigations. Some examples include:
- appointment to the plaintiff’s steering committee and bellwether committee for the for the California HIV/AIDS medication JCCP Gilead Tenofovir Cases, JCCP No. 5043;
- appointment to the plaintiff’s steering committee for the for the federal tainted medication MDL Valsartan Losartan and Irbesartan Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2875 (D.N.J.);
- appointment as a member of the bellwether committee for the federal anticoagulant medication MDL In re Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2592 (E.D. La.); and
- appointment as co-lead trial counsel in the federal employment class action Sheinberg, et al v. Sorensen, et al, Case No. 2:2000-cv-06041 (D.N.J.).
Ms. Colella-Walsh is also being considered for appointment to leadership positions in pending national litigations. One example includes:
- appointment as co-lead trial counsel in the federal life insurance class action Buck, et al v. American General Life Insurance Company, Case No.: 1:17-cv-13278 (D.N.J.).
Prior to joining Stark & Stark, Ms. Colella-Walsh gained experience as a trial attorney handling all aspects of pretrial discovery and trial preparation concentrating on the defense of individuals being sued in relation to bodily injury claims generally stemming from motor vehicle accidents, home accidents and slip and falls. She also has experience with insurance coverage litigation as well as civil and criminal municipal court matters. Ms. Colella-Walsh also served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Frederick J. Schuck, Criminal Division, Superior Court of New Jersey, and as a Legal Intern in the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office and the Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office.
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.