Stark & Stark offers excellent opportunities for attorneys and professionals who want to meet the challenges facing the legal profession in this century. Bring in clients, handle your own cases, develop community relationships and build a practice.
You deserve to work at a law firm that offers integrity, embraces diversity, and has a personal commitment to treating everyone with respect dignity and fairness. Since 1933, Stark & Stark has developed innovative legal solutions to meet our clients’ needs. More than 100 attorneys, over 30 practice areas, and a philosophy of putting the law to work for our clients is the basis from which we build and maintain our practice. At Stark & Stark we believe the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Open Attorney Positions
None at this time, please check back for updates.
Open Paralegal Positions
Medical Malpractice Nurse/Paralegal - Yardley, PA
Stark & Stark is seeking an experienced Nurse/Paralegal to join our team. The position will primarily involve support for Medical Malpractice attorneys in our Yardley, PA office. The ideal candidate is self-directed and detailed-oriented with the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced litigation environment. Candidates should have significant experience reviewing, organizing, understanding and summarizing medical records. The right candidate will have the extraordinary opportunity to learn and grow in a challenging, but collegial, environment.
Performs a variety of complex duties with limited supervision. Supports attorneys with medical-related litigation to include organization and management of medical records, analysis of medical records, assisting in preparation of and responses to discovery requests, analysis of medical literature, expert research, and assisting in preparation for trial. The candidate will also identify and provide information regarding medical experts and physicians; coordinate medical expert deposition preparation, assist attorneys with medical evidence preparation and organization for hearing or trial. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing. Paralegal Certification a plus.
- 1-5 years of experience in clinical practice. Experience in a law firm or legal department is a plus.
- Proficient understanding and utilization of medical terminology, anatomical drawings, laboratory tests, and medications.
- Possess thorough understanding of medical condition to explain or illustrate a diagnosis.
- Has full understanding HIPPA compliance.
- Understands and complies with all other related regulatory mandates.
- A comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Open Staff Positions
Investment Management & Securities Billing Coordinator - Lawrenceville, NJ
Stark & Stark is seeking a Billing Coordinator to support our Investment Management & Securities group in the Lawrenceville, NJ office. The ideal candidate is a key safeguard, self-directed and detailed-oriented with the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. The position requires the preparation of client invoices, monitoring and follow-ups on outstanding receivables. The right candidate will have the extraordinary opportunity to continue their professional development in a challenging, but collegial, environment.
- Assist attorneys and paralegals with general billing
- Draft correspondence to clients
- Generate New Matter Reports
- Review BIMs for accuracy, perform time and cost transfers, and generate invoices
- Draft and send manual fixed fee invoices to clients
- Track client payments and organize related documents
- Identify and resolve billing issues, including client inquiries
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience a must.
- 5 +years of relevant industry experience in financial, accounting, securities, brokerage, trade, banking, investment firm or law firm, preferred but not required
- Previous billing experience in a law firm preferred but not required
- E-Billing/LMS-Rippe experience preferred but not required
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office Suite is required
- Possess strong work ethic and follow-up skills
- Familiarity with financial/investment terminology preferred but not required
- Ability to quickly learn and master new software
- Ability to be self-starter and adapt to new situations
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team and to interact directly with clients
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure, and prioritize competing demands
- Maintain professional demeanor and commitment to providing superior service to clients
Stark & Stark is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Legal Secretary - Lawrenceville, NJ
Stark & Stark has an opening in our Lawrenceville office for an experienced Legal Secretary to join our team. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and be self-directed and detailed-oriented with the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. The right candidate will have the extraordinary opportunity to continue their professional development in a challenging, but collegial, environment.
Applicants will be responsible for legal support duties in various practice groups, i.e. client intakes, gathering medical records, filing, preparation of pleadings, discovery demands, discovery responses and motions; answering phones in a courteous and professional manner; scheduling meetings and conference calls; scanning documents; managing calendars and contacts. Applicants will also be required to provide receptionist and switchboard relief..
The individual should be well organized and able to see an assignment through to its successful conclusion. Along with excellent telephone etiquette, the ideal candidate must project a positive attitude in person and on the phone, and be able to prioritize work. Must be organized, able to work independently and with others, very detail oriented, and have excellent computer skills, able to multi-task, and very strong attention to detail.
Paralegal/Secretarial certificate or equivalent experience. 2 – 5 years of relevant experience in a law firm REQUIRED. Bachelors or Associates degrees are preferred.
A comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office is also REQUIRED.
Spanish speaking a plus.
This position will require the applicant to have the ability to: move a minimum of a 20 pound box of paper, maintain a stationary position for prolonged periods, as well as position themselves to access files/documents.Apply for the Legal Secretary position.
If you are interested in providing us with your qualifications, send a cover letter with resume, indicating salary history and current salary requirements, and law school transcript to: Stark & Stark, Attn: Director of Human Resources, P.O. Box 5315, Princeton, NJ 08543-5315 or to HR@stark-stark.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Stark & Stark's policy is to make employment decisions based on merit, ability and competence. Except where required by law, employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or staff member's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or any other characteristic provided by law. Qualified minorities, females, veterans and attorneys with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is also our policy to provide a work environment that is free of harassment of any kind, including that which is sexual, age related or ethnic.
Stark & Stark is committed to the health and well-being of its staff members. The firm offers a full range of benefits, including traditional major medical and hospitalization coverage, a prescription plan, a dental plan, vision plan, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment coverage, a profit sharing and 401(k) plan, paid vacation and paid holidays.
The complete terms and conditions of employment at Stark & Stark are contained in the the Stark & Stark policy handbook and in relevant plan documentation. Benefits are subject to change at any time.