Stark & Stark is proud to announce that Shareholder Carin O’Donnell was elected to serve on the Board of the International Society of Barristers (ISOB) Foundation for a four-year term. The Board selects which organizations the Foundation supports and advises the Foundation’s President and staff on matters relating to their operations.
The ISOB recognizes the best advocates and brings them together to support the goals of:
- retaining trial by jury in litigated matters,
- improving advocacy under an adversary system,
- recognizing advocacy as a distinct specialty with the creation of proper standards for those holding themselves out as advocates,
- abolishing animosity between counsel representing plaintiffs and defendants, and replacing it with a recognition that all trial lawyers are advocates fully representing the rights of all clients,
- encouraging and demanding ethical conduct by all involved in litigation,
- insisting that clients be represented by independent counsel owing their allegiance to the client, and
- protecting the rights of citizens, the independence of the judiciary, and the integrity of the Bar.
“I am proud to join the International Society of Barristers, which recognizes the best advocates in law and recognizes core values in advocacy such as improving our legal system, creating proper standards for lawyers, and recognizing ethical conduct while fully representing the rights of clients,” said Carin. “I am equally proud to serve on the Board of the charitable Foundation which mimics these core values.”