Joseph A. Cullen, Jr. is a Shareholder and member of Stark & Stark’s Accident & Personal Injury Group. Mr. Cullen concentrates his practice in the representation of plaintiffs in all aspects of personal injury litigation including motor vehicle accidents, dram shop litigation, trucking accidents, bus accidents, premise liability litigation, and medical malpractice claims, as well as nursing home negligence claims relating to elder abuse and assisted living facility litigation.
Mr. Cullen has extensive experience in both state and federal courts with catastrophic injury litigation. He has served as lead counsel or co-counsel on a series major jury trials and settlements. Among them:
- A $2,350,000 settlement in a trucking accident case involving the death of a 54-year-old.
- A $1,500,000 settlement in a psychiatric malpractice case in which a teenager committed suicide following treatment at a psychiatric facility.
- A $1,350,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case on behalf of women against a vascular surgeon and orthopedic surgeon for failing to diagnose a post surgical complication.
- A $1,330,000 settlement for a school bus accident case involving a woman who sustained a brain injury.
- A $1,170,000 settlement for a motor vehicle accident case involving a young man who was injured as a result of a drunk driver after several bars continued to serve the driver alcohol while he was intoxicated.
- A $1,135,650 jury verdict in the case of Doman v. Pennsylvania Fair and Reithoffer Shows for injuries sustained by his client in a roller coaster accident.
- A $1,060,000 settlement in a construction accident case for injuries sustained by his client when a trench collapsed.
- A $1,000,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case in which an emergency room physician and radiologist failed to diagnose a cardiac condition resulting in the death of a 47 year old.
- A $1,000,000 settlement in a truck accident involving an elderly couple who were rear-ended by a truck after the driver fell asleep.
In addition to personal injury litigation, Mr. Cullen serves as Solicitor to the Bucks County Office of the Controller. In that capacity, Mr. Cullen provides legal services to the Controller of Bucks County, on a wide array of legal issues.
Mr. Cullen has served as a lecturer and presenter on a broad range of legal topics for organizations including Johnson Kendall Johnson Risk Management, LLC, the Bucks County Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Villanova University School of Law, Gwynedd Mercy College, The University of Pennsylvania and Arcadia University.
Mr. Cullen was appointed by the President Judge of Philadelphia County to serve as a Judge Pro Tem to assist the courts in resolving civil litigations in the area of personal injury law.
Mr. Cullen is an active member of the Bucks County Community. Since 2012, he serves as the Vice Chairman of the Bucks County Republican Committee. He was a member of the Bucks County Planning Commission from 2008 to 2015. Mr. Cullen served on the Board of Directors of KenCrest Services, the largest providers of community based services and support to individuals with intellectual disabilities from 2011 to 2015.
Since 2013, Mr. Cullen has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Pennsylvania Convention Center Authority (PCCA) as a representative of Bucks County. On the PCCA, he serves on the Customer Satisfaction Agreement, Legal Affairs, Administration and Management, and Capital Approvement Committees.
Mr. Cullen is also a frequent contributor to the Pennsylvania Law Monitor.