Scott I. UngerShareholder
Scott I. Unger is a Shareholder and member of Stark & Stark’s Litigation Group where he concentrates his practice on litigation arising out of business and commercial disputes. Mr. Unger regularly counsels business owners on the prosecution and defense of minority oppression litigation (corporate divorces), breach of contract cases, uniform commercial code (U.C.C.) litigation, consumer fraud claims, appellate practice, and estate litigation. Mr. Unger has extensive experience litigating cases in a variety of jurisdictions, including, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Massachusetts, Texas and Maryland.
Mr. Unger counsels corporations and their executives on employment issues; he defends claims of workplace discrimination and wrongful discharge; and prosecutes the enforcement of restrictive covenant, non-compete, non-solicit and confidentiality agreements.
J.D., The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, 1996
Zendell Scholarship for academic excellence and service to The Ohio State College of Law
B.A., History; The Ohio State University, 1993
Magna cum laude
Golden Key National Honor Society, Member
United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
United States District Court, District of New Jersey
United States District Court, Southern District of New York
United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
United States District Court, Northern District of New York
United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
United States District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
United States District Court, Central District of Illinois
United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Mercer County Bar Association
- Mercer County American Inn of Court
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Published and Unpublished Decisions
- Musikoff v. Jay Parrino's The Mint, LLC, 172 N.J. 133 (2002)
- Mola v. Tennsco Corporation, A-003282-01T1 (App. Div. 2003)
- Hartnett v. Mastrorilli, A-006054-01T2 (App. Div. 2003)
- Koroma v. Besam Automated Entrance Systems, A-006136-01T1 (App. Div. 2003)
- New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Co. v. Gonsalves, 366 N.J. Super. 459 (Law Div. 2003)
- State v. Sivo, 341 N.J. Super. 302 (Law Div. 2000)
Radio and Television Appearances
- Co-host of "In the Public Interest" WZBN 25 and WIMG 1300 AM
- Co-host of an hour-long weekly live radio and television show broadcast throughout western-central New Jersey
- Guest on "It's Your Call with Lynn Doyle" CN8
- Featured guest on a live call-in television show addressing the constitutionality of the possible random drug testing of New Jersey high school students-athletes.
- Applying First Year Civil Procedure to the Actual Practice of Law. Ohio Basic CLE Seminar. October 12, 2014.
- Basic Ohio Business Torts. Ohio Basic CLE Seminar. October 12, 2014.
- Panelist. Top Five Cases in Business Tort. New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Seminar. May 1, 2014.
- CPE Seminar: Shareholder/ Member/ Partnership Disputes. Lawrenceville, New Jersey. February 2014.
- Litigating Shareholder/Member/Partnership Disputes in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Doylestown, PA. July 2013
- Minority Oppression Litigation in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Doylestown, PA. April 2009.
- Shareholder Divorces. Hamilton, NJ. 2007
- Taking and Defending Effective Depositions in New Jersey. Parsippany, NJ. August 2004.
- Divorces Involving Closely-held Corporations, Limited Liability Companies and Professional Corporations. Mercer County Bar Association. 2003.
- Avoiding Liability in the Control of Mosquitoes and Other Pests. National Pest Control Committee. 2003.
- Applying First Year Civil Procedure to the Actual Practice of Law. The Ohio State University College of Law. November 2000.
- Sports Law Careers for Lawyers. The University of Nebraska College of Law. October 1999.
- Sports Law: NCAA Compliance and Representing Athletes in the National Football League. New York University. April 1998.
- Susan G. Komen New Jersey Race for the Cure, Board of Trustees, 2001-2004
- The Ohio State University Alumni Association, New Jersey Alumni Club, Treasurer, 1998-2008
- Mercer County Bar Association, Committee on Continuing Legal Education, 2002-2005
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Mercer County, Special Civil Part, Volunteer Bar Panelist, 2001-Present
- The Ohio State University Buckeye Club
- The Ohio State University Alumni Association, Lifetime Member
- Former Los Angeles Clippers Owner’s Breach of Fiduciary Duty Claims. American Bar Association. September 16, 2014.
- What is Minority Oppression? U.S. 1. June 5, 2013.
- An Overview of Minority Oppression Litigation in New York. The Mann Report Management. August 2012.
- The Minority Oppression Statue. Mercer Business Magazine. June 2012.
- Conflicting Loyalties: When corporate counsel should not represent a shareholder. New Jersey Law Journal. May 23, 2011.
- Oppressed Minority Shareholders Should Be Afforded Protection: An argument for a revision of the Limited Liability Act. New Jersey Law Journal. February 1, 2010.
- Minority Oppression Claims: A Primer on Acting, Standing, Remedies and Valuation: State protection of the interests of minority shareholders, New Jersey Law Journal, June 16, 2008
- Employment Discrimination, US 1 and Town Topics, September 2004
- Shareholder Oppression Suits in New Jersey, July 2003
- What is Consumer Fraud Law?, US 1, July 2001
- Hands down loser: Jurors rule in favor of Citi in sloppy EMI case. New York Post. November 5, 2010
- When disputes go from dinner table to the conference room. NJ Biz. September 20, 2010.