A. Christopher FlorioShareholder
Mr. Florio has served as a member of the New Jersey Assembly Task Force, commissioned to study community associations in New Jersey. He was appointed to the position by General Assembly Speaker Chuck Haytaian and again by General Assembly Speaker Jack Collins. Additionally, he serves on the New Jersey Chapter of the Community Associations Institute (CAI) Board of Directors and is President of CA-PAC, the New Jersey Chapter of the Community Associations Institute Political Action Committee. Mr. Florio is frequently invited by management companies to speak to its employees about the current state of community associations law. He has also lectured nationally through the national organization of CAI.
Mr. Florio is the Past President of the New Jersey Chapter of CAI.
J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 1988
B.S., Finance; Fairleigh Dickinson University, 1982
Bar AdmissionsNew Jersey
American Bar Association
New Jersey State Bar Association
Pennsylvania State Bar Association
Mercer County Bar Association
Somerset County Bar Association
NJ Chapter of Community Associations Institute
President 2010, Treasurer 2007
Community Associations - Political Action Committee
Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve
- Federal Law Protects Armed Services Members: What employers need to know. Community Trends. January 2010.
- Statute of Limitation Issues. Greater Philadelphia Condominium Managers Association. March 24, 2009.
- Condo Associations’ Liens Take Precedence: Decision favors condo associations’ liens over township’s claim. New Jersey Law Journal. February 12, 2008.
- Board Withholding Budget. The New Jersey Cooperator. May 2008
- Condo Associations' Liens Take Precedence. New Jersey Law Journal. February 7, 2007.
- Argued a number of matters before Appellate Division, with Brandon Farms Condominium Association v. Lima (pending)
- Published decision, In Re Richard Hawk (314 B.R. 312-2001)
- Today’s Problems - Regulating problems related to investors, second hand smoke, bedbugs, mold, noise, age restrictions, and more. 2012 Community Association Law Summit. Nov. 1, 2012.
- Fundamentals of Community Association Law. NJICLE. June 19, 2012.
- Community Association Law Summit: Top Ten Topics for 2011. NJICLE. November 4, 2011.
- Rules and Regulations for Community Associations. CAI-NJ. October 22, 2011.
- New Jersey Council: Assessments and Collections. CAI-PA. May 29, 2009.
Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court.