When you are injured in an accident, life can seem suddenly upended. In addition to worrying about your physical injuries and recovery, medical bills piling up and loss of income due to your injuries can easily leave you feeling overwhelmed.
Stark & Stark’s personal injury attorneys can help you receive the compensation you may be entitled to for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages to help you feel whole again. Contact our team of personal injury lawyers in Edison, New Jersey for a free case review to learn more.
Why File a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
An average day can quickly turn into a nightmare due to an unexpected injury. Many times injuries are not due to simply bad luck but instead are the result of another person’s wrongful actions or negligence. Personal injury law exists to protect those who have been injured by another person or company’s negligence. While money does not guarantee a recovery, it can greatly help alleviate the financial stress you may experience due to medical bills and lost wages.
Types of Cases Our Edison Personal Injury Law Firm Handles
Our personal injury law attorneys at Stark & Stark represent clients injured in a wide variety of circumstances. Common examples of personal injury lawsuits include:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Among the most common in the United States, accidents involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other vehicles are often the result of one driver’s negligence.
- Slip and Fall/Premises Liability: Premise liability lawsuits can be filed when a property owner fails to warn the public of dangers or fix safety hazards on their property, resulting in injuries.
- Workplace Accidents: If you are injured on the job, Stark & Stark’s workers’ compensation attorneys can help ensure you receive benefits for your medical bills and lost wages.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice refers to when a healthcare provider’s mistake or negligence leads to a patient’s injury or death. It is also more common than people think: According to a study by Johns Hopkins, medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death following heart disease and cancer.
- Birth Injuries/Cerebral Palsy: As a new parent, there is nothing scarier than an injured newborn, especially at the hands of a careless doctor or nurse. Birth injuries can lead to lasting injuries and conditions like cerebral palsy, brain damage, paralysis, and hypoxia.
- Wrongful Death: The worst injuries result in loss of life, and leave families grieving from the loss of a loved one while also dealing with the loss of comfort, companionship, and oftentimes income. Families can seek compensation for financial losses as well as medical and funeral expenses.
- Nursing Home Abuse: For many families, the decision to place a loved one in a nursing home is not an easy one, as elder abuse often goes unnoticed. According to the World Health Organization, 2 in 3 staff at long-term care facilities admitted to committing elder abuse in the past year.
- Dog Bites: Getting bit by a dog has the potential to be a much more significant injury than you may assume. If applicable, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the dog’s owner and their home owner’s insurance.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: TBI’s are some of the most devastating injuries and often the most expensive to recover from. An Edison brain injury attorney can help you and your family negotiate with insurance companies and fight for the compensation you may deserve.
What Can an Edison Personal Injury Lawyer do for me?
After you have been injured in an accident, one of our Edison personal injury attorneys will become your best advocate, guiding you through the often confusing legal and insurance systems.
Choosing the right attorney is key, and Stark & Stark’s team of attorneys and paralegals are highly effective and well connected with a wide network of doctors, medical experts, and similar resources to help your recovery and thoroughly investigate your accident. It is also important for your personal injury lawyer to be experienced in the courtroom: Our Edison personal injury lawyers won’t hesitate to take your case to trial if an insurance company refuses to settle your case fairly.
Stark & Stark’s personal injury attorneys in Edison, New Jersey will:
- Gather information to evaluate and prove both the nature and severity of your injuries, as well as the negligent circumstances at play.
- Investigate the facts of the accident, including questioning witnesses.
- Work with medical experts to help you get better and build your case.
- Negotiate with insurance companies to obtain an adequate settlement.
- Litigate cases that do not settle. Most personal injury claims settle without needing to go to trial, but our attorneys are prepared to take your case to court and fight for your compensation.
How Much Does an Edison Personal Injury Attorney Cost?
Our personal injury lawyers do not charge any hourly rates or up-front fees. Instead, we work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will not be charged unless our team recovers damages for you. The aftermath of an accident can be extremely stressful by itself, without having to worry about if you have the funds to obtain legal representation.
How Much is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
The value of each case differs and depends on circumstances such as the nature and severity of the accident, who was at fault, and more. Factors that drive case value include:
- Past, current, and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
Stark & Stark Has Recovered Millions of Dollars for Our Personal Injury Clients
Our team of personal injury lawyers has recovered millions of dollars in cash settlements for our clients. Here are some of the personal injury verdicts we have obtained on behalf of victims:
- $9,500,000 recovered for a bus passenger injured in a collision in Essex County, New Jersey.
- $8,000,000 recovered for a worker injured in a construction accident in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- $5,375,000 recovered for a homeowner injured in an incident caused by faulty renovations in Camden, New Jersey.
- $4,677,840 recovered for a construction worker injured on a job site in Sussex County, New Jersey.
- $4,650,000 recovered for the estate of an individual killed in a tractor-trailer crash.
While the facts of each case differ and past settlements do not guarantee future settlement outcomes, our team of personal injury lawyers will fight to compensate you for potential damages due to another’s negligence.
Contact an Edison Personal Injury Attorney
Stark & Stark understands just how much an injury can affect the lives of our clients and their entire families. That’s why we fight so hard to obtain justice for them.
If you or a loved one has experienced a tragic injury or loss, contact Stark & Stark’s Edison personal injury attorneys today for a free legal consultation. We are here to help you and your family recover, and our help is free unless you win.