The Stark & Stark Franchise practice group helps franchise and distribution system clients address a wide spectrum of legal issues including domestic and international negotiations, management agreements, renewals, assignments and disputes, as well as franchise compliance and approval agreements. Our attorneys blend business insight and legal advice to solve the problems of clients across a broad range of industries.
From Local to Global
Whether you are a local business interested in exploring domestic growth or a national brand seeking to expand internationally, Stark & Stark’s Franchise group is focused on providing strategic legal advice and legal services to protect your brand in the market place, with an emphasis on effectively managing the franchisor-franchisee relationship.
We regularly counsel and protect franchise companies through their domestic and international growth. We also assist international companies seeking to expand into the United States and advise and counsel master franchisees, regional and area developers and multi-unit franchisees.
Our Services Include
Our Franchise Group focuses on the representation of franchisors and multi-unit developers, providing valuable assistance that includes:
- Structuring franchise programs and preparing Franchise Disclosure Documents;
- Protecting trademarks and intellectual property;
- Structuring and negotiating master franchise agreements and regional/ area developer programs;
- Providing compliance and regulatory guidance, including state registration filing and assistance;
- Structuring and negotiating supply chain and rebate programs;
- Assisting in all aspects of international expansion;
- Establishing and effectively managing franchise advisory councils;
- Assisting franchisors to implement and manage compliance programs to enforce System standards with an emphasis on early intervention to avoid defaults and terminations;
- Providing guidance aimed at preventing, managing and containing disputes to avoid litigation;
- Guiding clients on disaster preparedness;
- Protecting and defending our clients’ rights and interests in their intellectual property and in their Systems through litigation and arbitration;
- Counseling on the acquisition and sale of franchise systems; and,
- Structuring employee incentive programs for retention of key-employees.
We also help clients who are established business owners to develop a marketable concept to make the leap from local owners to country-wide franchisors. And as clients grow, adjust and face new challenges, we are there to offer counsel and guidance. Our approach is never “legalistic” – we understand the economic and personal issues that shape every client’s situation.
Our Franchise Group attorneys are dedicated to helping clients achieve the maximum potential of their franchise systems. We utilize a team approach that includes many aspects of the law in order to ensure that our clients’ needs are met, no matter what the issue and can draw upon the experience of Stark & Stark attorneys in other disciplines, bringing to bear their skills in corporate finance, commercial litigation, creditor’s rights, government relations, intellectual property, labor and employment, and real estate.