Timothy P. Duggan, Chair of Stark & Stark’s Eminent Domain Group, will be speaking to Engineers and Land Surveyors on April 17, 2020, at a webinar hosted present by HalfMoon Education, Inc. Mr. Duggan will focus his presentation on legal issues relevant to engineers and land surveyors who are involve in eminent domain matters. The specific areas he will discuss are:
- Overview of Eminent Domain law
- Source of power
- Traditional public projects (ie. road widening, public school, etc.) and redevelopment projects
- Overview of legal process to take property
- Litigating the right to take property
- Litigating amount of just compensation
- Engineers and Surveyors – what is your role?
- Pre-litigation analysis
- Highest and best use analysis
- “Reasonable probability”
- Testifying as an expert witness
- Tips and pitfalls for acting as an expert witness
To see the full webinar agenda or sign up to attend, please click here.
Mr. Duggan focuses his practice on eminent domain, inverse condemnation and other real estate trials. He represents a wide variety of public agencies, corporations, and landowners.