General Tax Appeal Overview
New Jersey property taxes are among the highest in the United States and represent a significant cost to all property owners. However, property owners who are pro-active and work with experienced professionals to control property taxes can successfully manage their taxes and maximize cash flow and profits. Stark & Stark attorneys in the Real Estate Tax Appeal Group bring their 35+ years of combined experience in helping their clients significantly reduce their tax obligations.
Tax Appeal Practice Overview
In addition to filing and prosecuting real estate tax appeals, Stark & Stark attorneys provide a full range of services in the area of real estate taxes, including:
- Assist in right sizing assessments in municipal-wide revaluations and reassessments;
- Obtaining real estate tax exemptions for nonprofit organizations, churches and related businesses;
- Negotiating tax abatements and PILOT agreements for redevelopment projects;
- Obtaining and maintaining farmland assessments;
- Assisting in due diligence for the acquisition of real estate;
- Defending added and omitted tax assessments; and,
- Litigating the value of contaminated property.
Stark & Stark’s clients own shopping centers, office buildings, warehouses, apartments, industrial properties, and mixed-use properties. In addition to property owners, Stark & Stark represents tenants and secured lenders responsible for paying a property’s real estate taxes. Also, during the construction of a project, Stark & Stark counsels clients on their tax exposure during the development process from raw land to completion and occupancy. Each step of the way local tax assessors can increase the assessment of the property.
Contact a PA & NJ Tax Appeal Attorney Today
Because we are a full-service law firm, our Real Estate Tax Appeal Group is able to leverage the full range of Stark & Stark legal talent to fulfill your needs related to potential tax appeals. We also draw on our long-standing relationships to team up with planners, appraisers, engineers, and other professionals to strive for the results you expect.