Who Pays for the Property Damage to My Car?

By on February 27th, 2016

Posted in

If you are not at fault, you have two options. You can contact the insurance company of the person who is at fault for the accident, who will pay for the damage to your car only if they determine that their insured caused the accident.

In the alternative, if you purchased collision coverage, you can contact your own insurance company who will pay for the damage to your car, less any deductibles, no matter who is at fault for the accident.

Once you decide how to proceed, the insurance company will send an adjuster to estimate the damage. The insurance company is responsible for paying the amount it costs to fix the car or the fair market value of the car, whichever is less.

Multiple locations to better serve your needs—

Princeton, NJ

993 Lenox Dr, Building 2
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Phone: 609.896.9060
Secondary phone: 800.535.3425
Fax: 609.896.0629
google map

Marlton, NJ

40 Lake Center, 401 NJ-73, Suite 130
Marlton, NJ 08053
Phone: 856.874.4443
Secondary phone: 888.241.7424
Fax: 856.874.0133
google map

Yardley, PA

777 Township Line Road, Suite 120
Yardley, PA 19067
Phone: 267.907.9600
Fax: 267.907.9659
google map

New York, NY

5 Pennsylvania Plaza 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10001
Phone: 800.535.3425
google map

Philadelphia, PA

The Bellevue 200 S Broad St #600
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Phone: 267.907.9600
Secondary phone: 800.535.3425
Fax: 215.564.6245
google map

Bridgeton, NJ

78 W Broad St
Bridgeton, NJ 08302
Phone: 856.874.4443
google map