The Stark & Stark Franchise practice group helps franchise and distribution system clients address a wide spectrum of legal issues including domestic and international negotiations, management agreements, renewals, assignments and disputes, as well as franchise compliance and approval agreements. Our attorneys blend business insight and legal advice to solve the problems of clients across a broad range of industries.
Our Franchise Group focuses on the representation of franchisors and multi-unit developers, providing valuable assistance that includes:
- The formation, expansion through acquisitions and joint ventures, and divestiture of franchise systems
- Guidance on marketing and distribution agreements
- Franchise sales law compliance, including franchise registration and state and federal disclosure requirements and monitoring of legislative and judicial developments
- Representation of complex litigation matters, including franchise termination and post-termination obligations
- Representation in regulatory actions
- Enforcement of franchisee contract requirements, including maintenance of quality standards, reporting duties, and restrictive covenants
- Registration, protection and licensing of trademarks, service marks, copyrights and trade secrets
- Assistance and representation in commercial loan transactions
- Representation regarding the purchase, leasing or development of real property
- Representation in workout situations, including workout negotiations and bankruptcies
We also help clients who are established business owners to develop a marketable concept to make the leap from local owners to country-wide franchisors. And as clients grow, adjust and face new challenges, we are there to offer counsel and guidance. Our approach is never "legalistic" - we understand the economic and personal issues that shape every client's situation.
Our Franchise Group attorneys are dedicated to helping its clients achieve the maximum potential of their franchise systems. We utilize a team approach that includes many aspects of the law in order to ensure that our clients' needs are met, no matter what the issue and can draw upon the experience of Stark & Stark attorneys in other disciplines, bringing to bear their skills in corporate finance, commercial litigation, creditor's rights, government relations, intellectual property, labor and employment, and real estate.