A divorce creates profound stress and often precipitates many other major life changes. Stark & Stark's Divorce Group is dedicated exclusively to helping individuals undergoing divorce and related matrimonial problems.
Our priority is to provide competent legal counsel with compassion and understanding. Stark & Stark's Divorce Group thoroughly understands the continuously evolving case law and legislation that impacts the divorce process. In addition to acting as an advocate and advisor for our clients, our lawyers understand the pressure felt by those involved in the divorce process and work to address your personal concerns.
Members of Stark & Stark's Divorce Group understand that clients benefit from our attorney's knowledge of developments in divorce law. As a result, our attorneys are committed to continuously enhancing their own professional development through involvement in substantive professional organizations. Members of the group are active in many organizations including the American Academy of Matrimonial Attorneys, the American College of Family Trial Lawyers, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, and the Family Law Section of the American and New Jersey Bar Associations. Additionally, members of the Divorce Group presently are, or have held the following positions:
- Co-Chair of NJAJ's Boardwalk Seminar on Family Law
- Editor of New Jersey Family Lawyer
- Former Chairperson and current member of the Mercer County Family Practice Committee
- Member of the New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Section's Executive Committee
- An additional benefit to our clients is the size of Stark & Stark and its multiple practice areas. When circumstances dictate, the Divorce Group has the ability to tap the knowledge and understanding of Stark & Stark's business, real estate, tax and estates lawyers when assessing the professional and personal circumstances often directly affected by divorce. Frequently, these related issues and perspectives are critical to developing and administering a balanced and effective legal strategy.
Stark & Stark's Divorce Group is comprised of attorneys who are recognized for their experiences, personal skills and dedication to effectively counsel clients through distressing situations. Perhaps most importantly, the group has the resources behind them to provide the full complement of legal expertise necessary when considering the best strategy in light of one's overall personal, financial and professional circumstances.
On behalf of our clients undergoing divorce, we:
- Prepare and file legal documents and pleadings
- Negotiate aggressively on your behalf
- Prepare and conduct all pretrial discovery, including interrogatories, depositions and evaluations of the various assets
- Advocate and present your case in all pretrial motions, proceedings and, if necessary, at the time of trial counsel you on legal aspects of custody and visitation issues
- Assist you in considering legal issues and circumstances surrounding financial settlement
- Examine legal aspects of other issues directly related to divorce such as restructuring of business, tax consequences, financial reorganization, sale and disposition of real estate, pension funds and new estate planning
- Litigate, when necessary, with a combined 75 years of trial experience